Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yoda birthday

My little cardmaking business is picking up and although I am still in shock that people like my cards, I am super flattered at the same time!  I have 6 customers and 36 cards for this month alone!  So fun!  (For more samples of my cards, you can visit my Facebook page.  The link is on the right column of my blog.)

One of my orders was for a Star Wars birthday card for a 7-year old boy.  Here is the card I made.  Notice the 7's in the background.  (My daughter thought they were arrows.)


I searched Google and Pinterest for inspiration.
I got the cloak idea from here.
I used this nose and mouth as a guide.
And the rest I came up with on my own or from various sources.
I cut the light saber freehand from fluorescent and black paper.  Added a couple lines on the handle too with a silver pen.
Circle punch for the head and window punch for the arms was pretty common in my searches.
But I thought of punching a small heart for the ears.  I just cut it in half.


I looked at my son's Star Wars book for Yoda's hands.  He only has three fingers so I trimmed a flower made from this punch!

The inside was printed from my computer and says: 
Happy Birthday Jedi Daniel
Good one it will be...  Yes!


Time to get back to crafting but I wanted to share this cute little guy!
I am entering it in the challenge "Dies & Punches" at Allsorts.

Thanks for swinging by!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty paper folding Mary and cute birthday card.

    Thanks so much sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great initiative, thanks for joining su at Allsorts. xxx

    ReplyDelete