Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby elephant

A friend of mine just had a baby on Monday and here is her card:


I printed the sentiment from my computer.  I added lace around that paper then mounted it on a pink base.  I fed ribbon through the buttons and tied them.  Glue dots work great to hold buttons in place.

The elephant was made from punches.  I searched online for ideas but didn't see any that I wanted to use so I came up with my own style.  Many people use circle punches for the body and head.  The butterfly punch is great for ears.  I trimmed an oval, also from a punch for the legs.  I added liquid pearls for the toes.  The trunk is cut from a large circle and then trimmed up a bit.  I finished it off with some googly eyes and a simple mouth.

This is for a very special girl and I am praying for her health and for her Momma's quick recovery.  I am entering it in a challenge over at "Our Daily Bread Designs".  It's my first time playing with them and this week's challenge is to make a card for child.  How perfect!

Thank you for swinging by!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found ODBD, Mary! Your paper elephant is adorable...thanks so much for joining the Shining the Light Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet!! I just love your elephant!! Adorable!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!

    ReplyDelete