Saturday, January 26, 2013

A helicopter owned by Mary

Allsorts is having a challenge to make a masculine card.  I am so excited to share one that I made this week!

I received an order to make cards with helicopters on them from one of my husband's coworkers.  One of the problems with shifting from making cards for personal use to selling them, is that I can not use many online graphics because of their terms of use.  (can't sell)

I am VERY excited to share this card.  My husband TOOK this photo with his iPhone.  I then edited it in a free online program called PicMonkey to make it look like a painting!  I am thrilled with the results.  This makes it easier to print on my inkjet printer.  I own this photo and therefore can tweak it anyway I want.  Glorious!

Photo owned by Mary Newman. 
I layered it on blue cardstock.  Stamped "Thinking of You" on brown paper and ripped the edges.  I then stapled it to that layer of paper before gluing it to my grey base.  Staples are a great way to make a card look more masculine.

The inside has a layer of white with blue edging to coordinate with the front and make the card heavier.  I like the feel of a card with substance.  I love this card!!

Thanks for swinging by!

1 comment:

  1. What a clever card and a great picture taken with a phone. Thankyou for taking part in the Allsorts Challenge. Jo x

    ReplyDelete