Monday, August 15, 2011

One layer music themed birthday card

Stampin Sisters in Christ had a challenge to incorporate music or song on our cards.  
And Less Is More wanted us to use ink in a new way.  
They were my inspiration for creating this birthday card for my friend.
I started with the gift.  I rubbed an inked sponge over a stencil.  I colored in the bow with watercolor pencils just to add a little dimension.
The birds and sentiment is from an older Stampin' Up set.  I only inked "happy bird-day" on the 3rd line and hand wrote "dear Andrea".  Then I added the music notes.
That would have been my clean and simple card for the Less Is More challenge but it was so plain that I couldn't just leave it!  hahaha  (So now I don't have white space or qualify for the LIM challenge but they inspired me so hence the credit.)
So I rubbed ink on the edges.  I added the stickers on the corners and the word "Celebrate!" to finish it off.  Now it looks complete!
It was fun to make a one layer card though!

Thanks for swinging by.

2 comments:

  1. this is super adorable, the birthday song is sooooo sweet...hope your week is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, wonderful birthday song. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stampin Sisters In Christ.
    Hugs & blessings :)

    ReplyDelete