Sunday, August 21, 2011

Male birthday card

Pals Paper Arts has a sketch challenge... 
...and Aud Sentiments has anything goes.  So here is my card:
Made for my FIL who loves to hike.  He's even gone to Nepal twice!

I used paper and stickers that definitely suit a mountaineer type!  I got a kick out of the "difficult trail ahead" sticker since it is a birthday card - subtle punch at age.  The block with the happy birthday on it is raised with pop dots.
I used two pieces of raffia.  The first I opened a bit and glued down.  I glued the 2nd down after I tied two little knots in them.  (This was actually plan b.  I put 3 staples in the brown paper but they were crooked.  I love staples as accents for male cards but it just didn't work this time.)  And now I love the knots in the raffia look.  I will def do this again!

Thanks for swinging by!

No comments:

Post a Comment