Friday, August 26, 2011

Guest Designer!!!

I am beyond excited that the girls over at A La Card Monkey asked me to be a guest designer! During a recent challenge they picked my card as one of their favorites.  It was such a compliment because although I play along with many challenges, my cards have never been picked as a winner (I did win once in a random pick though).  There is some serious talent out there so it's not like I ever expected to win.  So imagine my surprise!  And it was on a site with monkeys!  It was meant to be! 

The challenge was to create an Autumn themed card using this sketch as a guide:

 And here is my creation.


Started with textured orange cardstock I scored from a yard sale.

Layered striped paper & leaf paper which are both from a Me & My Big Ideas specialty cardstock stack.
The monkey is a Dustin Pike digital stamp that I colored.  It's mounted on green then purple paper.
Buttons were added from the stash I had saved from all those new shirts over the years!


I had lots of fun making this card and would like to thank Terry and Shirley for the opportunity!  
Thanks for swinging by!

5 comments:

  1. For anyone visiting... it was a coincidence that my 'Made by Mary' stamp which I bought on Etsy matched this background and the one used at A La Card Monkey. :o) The happy critter gets around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you card is cute... I just love that Happy Monkey Stamp! That Monkey does get around. lol Thank you so much for being Guest Designer on A La Card Monkey. I just have one favor to ask, Terry is gone on Vacation all week and I chould really use some help leaving comments on the cards... if you have time, that would be Sweet!

    Hugs
    Shirley DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly captured the Autumn colours Mary. That monkey looks like he's been very busy..so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That monkey from Dustin is cute, You did a great job on your card, from another GD at A La Card Monkey.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete