Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy 60th birthday

My mother in law is turning 60 soon.  She loves Maine and the water so I wanted a lighthouse on her card.  Mojo Monday had a great layout for the card so that was my inspiration...

But I couldn't get that EXACT layout to work.  It was looking too masculine.  So I shifted things around a little.


I got the circle sentiment with the 60 on it for free over at Netty's Cards.  She has some great freebies!  I just printed it on white card stock and used my circle punch to cut it out.  It's also raised with pop dots.  This is a pretty simple card with lots of layers of paper.  The rock paper is from Creative Memories.  And I used my lace edge punch on the white to make it more feminine.  Plus the ribbon helps.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks so much for using my sentiment and also putting a linkback to my blog, that's so great of you. I love your card, really lovely lacey edging too which is really feminine and I love the fact you've used an image that your MIL will relate to. A really stunning card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete