Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday in blue

Here's a card I made for one of my favorite people ever in the world.  Her birthday is later this month.  She has blue eyes and is stunning in blue so alas that was my inspiration for this card.  Here's a photo of her back in 2004 at her daughter's wedding (who is incidentally one of my BFF and like a sister to me.)


I embossed the aqua paper with my Big Shot and a Sizzix folder.  
Added the ribbon.
"Best Wishes" is from Stampin Up!  As are the ink and pearls.
Oval punch and Oval scallop punch from SU! too.
I edge the white paper by rubbing the ink pad along it.  Then I added the swirls.  
The card was looking incomplete so I added the corner stickers last. Not the best blue but I love how all the swirls tie together.

No comments:

Post a Comment