Monday, March 7, 2011

Brown, tan, blue, lace and pearls

How can a girl have so much luck?  I wanted to make a card for my friend's upcoming birthday.  She lives in a historic home and I was thinking of doing a vintage style card for her.  Then I saw a challenge on one of my fav card blogs Sentimental Sundays to use pearls and lace.  I knew that would be perfect for this friend!  Stampin Sisters in Christ posted a challenge using stamped flowers.  Flowers, lace and pearls... easy!  I tied it all together with the color theme at Pals and Paper Arts.  

Links to the challenges:
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #45 use pearls and lace.
Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge #79 use a stamped flower.
Pals Paper Arts challenge PPA83 using three specific colors (see previous post)


I looked through my paper for inspiration.  I built the card around that.  I have a Fiskars lace border punch which I love and was happy to use here.  I stamped the flower "for you" that I just received from Stampin Up! for hosting a party.  I especially love how it matches the paper (which is not SU!).  Square scallop punches are from SU!.  Added SU! pearls, inked the edges and that was it.  Another simple card.

8 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card! Again, thank you for playing along with us at PPA this week. So glad you had fun with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the border! I'm glad you liked the color combination! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at SS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is very pretty! I really do love this color combo and your border is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we are your fave challenge blog and your adorable card is just right for our challenge at Sentimental Sundays.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the colors that you used. I know your friend is going to love this card. Thanks for sharing it with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!! This looks like it could be the front of an album! SO pretty and love that punched border down the side. =) Thanks for playing in our Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Mary, so elegant & those colours work perfectly together :)

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete