Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday monkey

I love the images by Dustin Pike especially his happy looking monkeys!  He offers freebies that you can download and here is one of them!  I opened it in Word, added a text box and voila. A really easy way to make personal invitations!

My kids had a combination birthday party at a gymnastics studio.  I thought jungle gym... monkeys climbing... monkeys on the invitation...
I printed the image directly on the paper.  Added a strip of brown jungled themed paper at the bottom.  Rubbed ink along the edges.  And added the little dots with a marker.  I used the lime green paper so the invite would stand out.
I wrote a little poem on the inside:
Lance will be four.
Vienna will be six.
The Newmans invite you
to celebrate this birthday mix.

On March 19th we’ll have
a combo party at a gym.
Join us from 2:30 to 4 to
celebrate her and celebrate him!


The favors were Vienna finger cookies and Lance brand crackers after my kids' names.  I packaged them in green bags with this little tag:


For the thank you cards, I used the monkey again after changing the text.  Then I stamped green leaves around.  That was it!  

Dustin has tons of images for sale.  He offers them in black and white and in color.  I actually don't like coloring so these were his originals but it's nice to have the option of matching all the colors if you wanted to.

So that's about it for my kids' birthday set.  Thanks for swinging by!

1 comment:

  1. Love your monkeys!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you enjoyed the freebie!

    ReplyDelete