Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Monochromatic birthday

I must confess I had to look up the definition of monochromatic!  Sentimental Sundays is having a challenge for monochromatic cards and I had no idea what that meant.  Sounded like a metal!  Well anyway I now understand that it's all about using one color and from the samples they showed, it can be different shades of that color.  I decide to go PINK for an upcoming birthday for a cousin who is turning 10.  I make kids cards one layer or pretty simple because I have seen a few of my cards get ripped when kids open them.  So here it is:
I stamped the gift background in Purely Pomegranate Stampin Up! ink with a Hampton Art clear stamp.
Added a little square of pink glitter tissue paper.
Stamped the gift again and Happy Birthday on light purple paper.
Added the birthday girl's initial and age with glittery stickers.
Finished with a little pink ribbon.

Thanks for swinging by!

No comments:

Post a Comment