Monday, September 26, 2011

Male birthday card

The Paper Players have a sketch challenge.

Annabelle Stamps wants to see male cards this week.
Do You Stack Up has a fun "Duo" theme challenge.

So I made this card for my husband's uncle whose birthday is coming up.

Started with blue cardstock.
Layered three strips of patterned paper.  My paper cutter blade is a little dull so the edges look distressed which I like for this card.
I made the gift with patterned paper and a stencil.  I thought it looked like wrapping paper.  I edged it in white ink to help it pop a little.  I made a bow out of silver glittery ribbon.  Clearly I need to look up how to make a bow next time!
Balloons were in a little package of die cuts.  I added the embroidery floss for the strings.
Finished with a little happy birthday stamped sentiment from Leisure Arts.

Thanks for swinging by!

10 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Love the balloons.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea...love the present and the balloon really look good against the blue. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, totally awesome card! Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card! Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, thanks for joining in with AnnaBelle Stamps, your card makes the perfect Male greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great fun card Mary, and your bow looks just like one you'd put on a present..perfect!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Duo Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

    ~Heather
    Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how those colors POP and how you used the present for your focal point. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! I love how the balloons just "pop" against the blue! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! Love that you used the sketch to make a little pocket. So clever. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete