Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pastel, For You card

When I have a card to make, sometimes I just don't know where to start.  I super love online challenge blogs to help me with a starting point.  Stampin Sisters in Christ has a challenge to use pastels and I saw this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

And here is my card:  

I stamped the background with a butterfly stamp I got years ago.
I used a Creative Memories corner punch on the big square piece of patterned paper (rec'd as gift and I don't know brand) and rubbed ink on the edges.
The butterfly is a 3D sticker.  The 'for you' sentiment is a stamp from Stampin Up!  They are mounted on a scallop circle punch, also from SU!
The 3 little flowers are small SU! punches with SU! pearls.  

I'm using this card for Mother's Day.  :o)
Thanks for swinging by!

4 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card Mary. Love the colours you've chosen and the pearls and that butterfly are beautiful. THanks for playing at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. That yellow butterfly looks so cheerful! Thank you for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card this is Mary ... your colours are so bright and fresh and your butterfly is the perfect embellishment!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card, and very unique take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete