Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day card

I just bought Valentine cards this year for the kids to hand out to their classmates.  As a cardmaker this was kind of hard to decide but ultimately, I didn't want to spend the time on that project when I have many other things on the go.  BUT I couldn't give my 4-year old's teachers, super hero cards.  So I made theirs. :o)
I knew I wanted to use this sentiment which I found online here made by Dixie Allan.  I love the images on this site and they're FREE!


But when I printed it, the red turned out more like burgundy on the pink paper.  (I used my Stampin Up! large scallop punch to cut them out.)  I went to my stash of paper and found this pretty diamond pattern that matched perfectly.  It was from there that I chose the green as my base.

I added a pink ribbon and die cut leaves and here is my card:

I didn't see any challenges to enter this card so I'll just share it here because I wanna!  :o)
Thanks for swinging by!

No comments:

Post a Comment