Thursday, October 6, 2011

My eyes are brown

Less is More is having a challenge to use the color your eyes are on a card.  My eyes are brown and since I am making my Christmas cards, I immediately thought of a little gingerbread man stamp I had.  And wouldn't you know... one of my favorite challenge sites Do You Stack Up has the color brown as their theme this week too. 

Then I used this simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.


So here is my card to play along with all three challenges.
I used pattern paper with holly leaves and swirls as the strip.
The gingerbread man is a foam dollar stamp I acquired somewhere along the way.  I stamped him in SU! Chocolate Chip ink.  I added Stickles glitter to his outfit.  I cut him out using a Nestabilities die on my Big Shot.  Layered red behind that using the next size up.  I love die cuts!
Merry Christmas is stamped in the same Chocolate Chip ink.
I finished it off with little candy canes thanks to Jolie's.  I like how the holly matches that background paper.

Thanks for swinging by!

12 comments:

  1. Very cute holiday card! Nothing beats a gingerbread cookie at Christmas! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cute gingerbread man, I'm on a diet at the moment I hope that by Christmas I'll have lost enough weight to be able to indulge in the odd gingerbread man! YUM!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Mary, love the cheerful gingerbread man!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Mary
    Cute gingerbread man
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute gingerbread man!! Fabulous use of the sketch!! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how gorgeous is this little man!!! Your card is super sweet and the little candy canes are a nice touch!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes are brown too and I wondered how to do this challenge! You nailed it with this super-sweet gingerbread man and those adorable candy-canes! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! I just love wee gingerbread men! You have done a great job with all three challenges! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet! I love the candy canes with the gingerbread man. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and clever Mary!! YOu have a wonderful way with cards and come up with neat, crafty ideas that I could never!!! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete