Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day card

Mother's Day is quickly approaching and my cards are going to be late this year since my son's first birthday was on April 30th and I was focused on that party forever!  M-day seems a little early this year or maybe I'm losing track of time in the worse way!
Well I worked away today inspired by the layout over at Mojo Monday.

Here's what I came up with:


I started with the floral/paisley patterned paper and went thru matching die cuts.  I love scrapbooking kits!! (which I received from my MIL).
I layered the polka dot paper then the floral, trimming the edge with funky scissors.
Used the SU! oval punch on the background for those die cut hearts.  I used a hole punch then added the baker's twine.  It was my first time using it and I do like the look although not the texture - so stiff!
QUESTION:  What do you use to hold that stuff down?  Also how do you keep it from bending the paper?  I need bakers twine tips!
The Mother's Day sentiment was a freebie from Netty's Cards.  She has beautiful circular sentiments which I really love.   I shaded it with pink chalk after printing it on white cardstock. Then I used pop dots behind it to make it stand out.
The striped layer and "hugs" were ready made die cuts.
For the tag, I trimmed the end and attached it with a brad.
The final step was rounding the corners with a punch to soften the look.
That was it.  Just lots of layers on this card.
Thanks for swinging by!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog.i am a follower now and you have some very beautiful cards here.Love the dp you have used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable, I luv the colors and the hearts...just my thing....hope your day is fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete